Sunday, January 20, 2008

The last trip before the winter blast!



I had the good luck to fish with a great couple of guys for what may be my last steelhead guide trip for a while (too cold now!!). Jerry and Dave are a couple of locals, who were more trout nuts than steelhead junkies. I think that we might have changed that! We fished together on the 18th of January, and what a day! They had tons of hook ups ( I can't ever guess how many fish we hooked up), and a great number landed. These guys had the touch. On a more painful note, the weather was a bit harsh. It was 25 degrees when we came off the water. The net was flash freezing to my fleece gloves, and the gloves themselves were frozen like ice cubes! It is easy to ignore these things when you are catching fish though! It is a good thing the season is winding down. My gear needs to dry out, another pair of waders is finished, my flies are almost gone, and I am ready to catch up with things around the shop, at home, on the computer etc. I am going to keep posting about trip I had this year, putting up some pictures and showing everyone what our area is all about. Happy fishing and tight lines!

No comments: